After missing last season’s Cyclocross World Championships, Wout van Aert has his eyes on the rainbow jersey this year.
The Belgian rider will make his cyclocross debut at the Kortrijk X2O Trofee on the 26th of November, and is no longer planning to race the Hulst World Cup where he had been almost confirmed to be present alongside both Tom Pidcock and Mathieu van der Poel.
Van Aert targets the World Championships in Hoogerheide which will take place on the 5th of February.
Until there, van Aert will follow a compact calendar featuring the Antwerp, Dublin, Gavere, Zonhoven and Benidorm World Cups, aswell as the main Christmas block, before going for another attempt at the rainbow jersey.
Mathieu van der Poel and Tom Pidcock will likely have the same type of schedule.
Wout van Aert’s cyclocross calendar 2022-2023:
- Kortrijk X20 Trofee: Nov 26
- Antwerp World Cup: Dec 4
- Dublin World Cup: Dec 11
- Team training camp
- Gavere World Cup: Dec 26
- (TBC) Zolder Superprestige: Dec 27
- Diegem Superprestige: Dec 28
- Loenhout Azencross: Dec 30
- Baal X20 Trofee / GP Sven Nys: Jan 1
- Herentals X20 Trofee: Jan 3
- Koksijde X20 Trofee: Jan 5
- Gullegem Superprestige: Jan 7
- Zonhoven World Cup: Jan 8
- Belgian championships: Jan 15
- Benidorm World Cup: Jan 22
- World Championships Hoogerheide: Feb 5